The Library Policy Committee works with the University Librarian to enhance the quality, utility, and accessibility of the libraries for the entire Emory community.
It advises the Senate and the University Librarian on significant policy issues, acts as a major channel of communication between users and the general libraries, and may assist in communicating library concerns to the university administration.
Issues of interest include:
- Budget allocations from the university
- Functioning of the University infrastructure for providing access to electronic information; remote access issues
- Electronic publishing initiatives as they affect library acquisitions and collection development
- Space distribution and utilization in the libraries
- Policy issues such as the effect of intellectual property rights considerations on the operation of the Library
- Policies governing access to electronic information
- Use of professional school library resources by the Emory community
- Operating policies such as hours, security plans, and access and borrowing privileges