The University Senate is an essential component of University governance. It is comprised of Emory faculty, staff, and students.
Senate members are called on to:
- Consider and make recommendations regarding all matters of general university interest, including matters referred to it by the president or Board of Trustees
- Review all new policies and changes to existing policies
- Submit recommendations to the president on any matter affecting the interests of the university
- Make recommendations regarding honorary degree recipients
The University Senate is one of several governance groups on campus that also include:
- Employee Council
- Faculty Council
- Graduate Student Government Association
- Student Government Association
Consult the Office of the Secretary's website for more information about university governance.